Toronto, ON, Canada
St. John's Rehab Restorative Transition Unit
Hours of Work:
St. John's Rehab
Shifts Weekday Required:
Shifts Weekend Required:
Statutory Holiday(s) Required:
We currently have a Regular part-time opportunity for a Registered Nurse in the Restorative Transition Unit at our St. John's Rehab campus.
Hours of Work: Weekdays & Alternating Weekends: Days, Nights; 8 hrs; As per schedule
Statutory Holidays Required
Summary of Duties
The Registered Nurse (RN) establishes caring, therapeutic relationships with patients & their families to attain or maintain optimal functioning by promoting health and/or treating health conditions through supportive, preventative, therapeutic, palliative and rehabilitative means. The RN provides excellent patient and family centred nursing care to those with a wide range of health issues, often with complex patient situations requiring multiple nursing interventions in a culturally sensitive manner. Provides leadership in emergency and/or rapidly changing patient situations. The RN is an autonomous professional who works independently and interdependently as part of the interdisciplinary health care team.
- Diploma in Nursing Required, Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSc N.) or equivalent preferred.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario in good standing with no restrictions to practice
- Current B.C.L.S. is required
- RNAO membership (preferred)
- Previous experience working with patients that require a slower-paced restorative rehab program to maximize their abilities after surgery, illness, or injury.
- Ability to perform duties in professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to organize patient care demands and to set priorities.
- Ability to use critical thinking, problem-solving and decision-making skills to solve patient care issues.
- Technical competence as appropriate for specialty area.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with RNs, RPNs, physicians and other members of the health care team.
- Demonstrated professional judgement and interpersonal skills in dealing with patients, their families, other health care team members and the community.
- Effective verbal / written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Committed to on-going professional development
- Demonstrated commitment to Person Centered Care approach and principles
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 203563 to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click "Apply for Position" at the bottom of this page.