Toronto, ON, Canada
Reactivation Care Centre
Hours of Work:
Shifts Weekday Required:
Shifts Weekend Required:
Statutory Holiday(s) Required:
We currently have a Regular Full-time opportunity for a Pharmacy Technician on the Pharmacy (Extended Care Veterans Centre and Humber) department at Bayview and Humber.
Hours of Work:
Weekdays: Days, Evenings; 8hrs; As per schedule
Weekends: Days; 8hrs; As per schedule
Occasional Holidays and Weekends according to rotation
Summary of Duties
We currently have a permanent full-time vacancy for a Pharmacy Technician that is currently licensed or eligible for licensure with the Ontario College of Pharmacists. Expected start date as soon as possible.
Responsibilities include picking up orders and delivering medications to the units; filling and delivering medications carts; maintaining and delivering wardstock medications to the units; providing inventory control and dispensing of narcotic and controlled drugs; participating in maintaining automated dispensing machines (ADUs); utilizing automation to dispense and prepackage medications; being able to complete the necessary mathematical calculations to prepare products; performing any other necessary functions including inventory management, ordering and receiving of drugs and supplies, documentation of staff meeting discussions.
- Current licensure by the Ontario College of Pharmacists
- Previous experience with McKesson/Pyxis ADU’s preferred
- Able to work well in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful work environment
- Self-motivated and able to take initiative
- Must work effectively with minimum of direction
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong planning and organizational ability;
- strong time management skills
- Strong customer service skills
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 212875 to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click "Apply for the Position" at the bottom of this page.