Toronto, ON, Canada
Hours of Work:
Shifts Weekday Required:
Shifts Weekend Required:
Statutory Holiday(s) Required:
We currently have a Temporary Full Time opportunity for a Wait Time Specialist in Decision Support at our Bayview Campus.
Hours of Work:
Weekdays: Days; 8hrs; As per schedule
Summary of Duties:
This role reports to the Manager, Decision Support and Advanced Analytics. As the successful candidate, you will work closely with the Operating Room Information Management Team to analyze, interpret, consult, present and make recommendations based on the best available data to support Sunnybrook’s surgical recovery and Wait Time Information System (WTIS) wait list management. You will develop and lead a comprehensive plan to facilitate the cleanup of Sunnybrook’s surgical and diagnostic imaging wait lists, support the OR team in achieving a reduction in patients waiting longer than wait time targets, and work with surgeons’ offices to educate and improve on compliance with existing wait list management procedures and workflows. You will bring your exceptional project management and change management skills to an exciting, fast-paced environment.
- Perform aggregation and presentation of data to inform planning and facilitate evidence-based decision making; report and interpret trending information associated with Ontario Health’s Wait Time Information System.
- Working with managers, Program Directors and other senior leaders to highlight key insights and drivers of performance for surgical recovery and wait list management.
- Preparing educational materials and conducting training sessions for surgeons’ offices on wait list management procedures and workflows.
- Prepare detailed documentation as required.
- Master’s degree or MBA in Health Management, Administration, Statistics, Economics, or other related fields.
- 10 years of experience in a professional setting; Experience in a health care setting is preferred.
- Advanced project management and change management skills.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of the Wait Time Information System.
- Experience in the use of data in a health care environment.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, manage own time, and prioritize projects.
- Ability to work co-operatively with all levels of hospital staff and physicians.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 222994 to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click "Apply for Position" at the bottom of this page.