Toronto, ON, Canada
Hours of Work:
Shifts Weekday Required:
Shifts Weekend Required:
Statutory Holiday(s) Required:
We currently have a Regular Full-time opportunity for a Architect/Technical Manager in the MyChart Program at our Bayview Campus.
Hours of Work:
Weekdays: Days; 8hrs; As per schedule
As a healthcare System Architect, the successful candidate will to take part in an agile engineering process. Architect and implement back-end solutions using Java technology stack. Advise the team development of robust and inter-operable back-end service interfaces that communicate seamlessly with the landscape of enterprise health systems, using standards such as HL7 and FHIR. Develop back-end FHIR APIs and working with EMR API’s to connect to those systems. Through intuitive visuals and interfaces, work with the front-end developers on creating modern and appealing applications across multiple platforms for patients of all types and demographics.
Summary of Duties
- Advancing our integration capabilities with EHR systems building seamless integrations with third-parties to link their data to our existing and future products based on standardized formats such as Rest API, HL7, SMART and FHIR
- Write and maintain technical procedures and documentation for the application interfaces developed.
- Work in an agile, object-oriented, team environment with version control, change management and continuous improvement protocols.
- Developing the architecture and required documentation of the external integration products to ensure scalability
- Implementing quality assurance testing standards and processes
- Develop integrations with EHRs and Healthcare Applications and Services.
- Participate and advise team meetings by providing feedback on current day-to-day activity and recommendations for improvement
- Create specification guides for Interfaces
- Document customer implementation details in SharePoint
- Work with project management to coordinate new HL7 projects.
- Create technical requirements based on review and analysis of requirement specifications supplied by Business Systems Analysts and/or business users.
- Minimum of 10 or more years of progressive experience as a System Architect
- Healthcare experience is an asset
- Expert knowledge of the following applicable languages/platforms/technologies: Java, (Spring Boot), Apache CXF, Jenkins, Docker, MS SQL/MariaDB/MongoDB, Mobile technologies
- Knowledge of, or experience with, healthcare management information systems standards, HL7, FHIR, LOINC, SNOMED, ICD 9 and 10
- Knowledge of database concepts and data processes to understand, develop, analyze and support various new projects and make recommendations for improvements to existing processes.
- Ability to create and follow technical specifications
- Excellent interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills with all levels of management including Senior Executives
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 230687 to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click "Apply for Position" at the bottom of this page.