Toronto, ON, Canada
RESOURCE TEAM ADMIN
Hours of Work:
Shifts Weekday Required:
Shifts Weekend Required:
Statutory Holiday(s) Required:
We currently have a Regular Full Time opportunity for a Patient Care Manager II in Nursing and Observer Resource Teams, and Central Staffing Office Department at our Bayview campus.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday; flexibility required
Summary of Duties
Reporting to the Operations Director, the Patient Care Manager II (PCM) of the Nursing and Observer Resource Teams and Central Scheduling Office is responsible for managing in a complex and dynamic clinical environment with a diverse group of stakeholders, including patient care managers, professional practice leaders and scheduling professionals. The PCM operationalizes the organizational vision, values, and objectives for a workforce strategy that includes building high performing resource teams and scheduling optimization. The PCM is accountable for the planning and administration of operations and system-wide programs directly impacting patient care of varying scope and complexity, management of resources and engagement of key stakeholders to ensure operational/program activities are executed based on plans and standards, and within specified timelines and budgets.
The PCM develops a vision and strategy for the Nursing and Observer Resource Teams (325 staff) and Central Scheduling office (20 staff who schedule for 15 acute/critical care units, and across multiple sites), and provides oversight of PCM I and Supervisors. This includes:
- Recruitment and orientation processes that align with workforce needs.
- Building high performing teams and creating healthy work environments by designing, implementing, and evaluating team processes and support systems.
- Building strong stakeholder relationships with other leaders (PCMs, APNs, HR).
- Championing the vision of optimized schedules, proactive staffing practices, workforce planning and aligning scheduling technologies and processes.
- Designing scheduling and assignment processes, based on workload, scope of practice and skill mix to meet staffing needs across the hospital.
- Designing Master Schedules in accordance with best practice scheduling principles that address the needs of both staff and the hospital. · Leveraging digital/technological solutions to support efficient workflows.
- Labor relations; effective attendance management and performance management processes.
- Effective communication mechanisms, working relationships and teamwork.
- Planning, implementing and evaluating allocation of resources; monitor budgets and variances.
- Developing key performance indicators; analyze, trend and report on activity.
- Building a strong, cohesive leadership team.
- Aligning work with overall organization scheduling optimization and workforce strategy
- Minimum of 5 years progressive management experience in healthcare and/or scheduling
- Master’s degree in a related field completed or in progress;
- Current certificate of competence from Professional College preferred;
- Proficiency in working with informatics, and leveraging scheduling software and other innovative
- Highly skilled at anticipating and analyzing risks and issues, exploring alternatives and proposing
- solutions through briefing notes, proposals, and reports;
- Proven organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills;
- Demonstrated success in achieving goals through collaboration with stakeholders in a team
- Proven ability in working with diverse staff whose skill sets span the continuum of experience from
- novice to expert;
- Demonstrated success in establishing, leading and sustaining positive change and innovation
- Proven leadership, coaching, team building, conflict resolution and decision–making skills
- Ability to work effectively and demonstrate composure under pressure and to meet multiple and
- competing deadlines
- Has knowledge of applicable legislation affecting human resources (i.e. Collective Agreements,
- Human Rights, Employment Standards, Occupational Health & Safety Act)
- Proficiency in computer software applications.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 230737 to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click "Apply for Position" at the bottom of this page.