Toronto, ON, Canada
D2 General Medicine/Nephrology
Hours of Work:
Shifts Weekday Required:
Shifts Weekend Required:
Statutory Holiday(s) Required:
We currently have a Temporary Full-time (until approx. April 2024) opportunity for a Registered Practical Nurse in the D2 Department at Bayview campus.
Hours of Work:
Weekdays & Alternating Weekends: Days, Nights; 12 hrs; As per schedule. Statutory Holiday Required
Summary of Duties
Responsible for providing person centred care in the acute care setting of D2 (Internal Medicine & Nephrology patients), within the RPN scope of practice The RPN works independently and interdependently as part of the interprofessional health care team to provide excellent culture-sensitive nursing care to patients with varying health needs in a rapidly changing, practice environment. The RPN works collaboratively with Registered Nurses (RNs) in a consultative relationship to provide elements of care to Internal Medicine & Nephrology patients with complex health issues and with less predictable outcomes.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Care processes which include identifying the needs of patients and families
- Completing assessments, planning and continuously reassessing care
- Implementing evidence based interventions, and evaluating patient outcomes and the patient experience
- Demonstrate commitment to quality improvement, ongoing professional development and reflective practice
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario with no restrictions to practice as a Registered Practical Nurse
- Current Heart and Stroke Foundation CPR
- RPN diploma preferred
- 6 -12 months recent acute care nursing experience preferred or recent RPN experience plus successful completion of the Sunnybrook Advanced Assessment Course for RPN’s at Humber within the last 2 years.
- Successful completion of pre-interview knowledge assessment tool.
- Demonstrated commitment to Person-Centred Care
- Demonstrated critical-thinking, decision-making, and problem solving skills in a fast a fast-paced, high turnover environment
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
- Evidence of ongoing commitment to professional practice and support of a quality practice setting environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to safe, high quality, ethical care
- Demonstrated ability to identify when care needs of patient and family have changed and require a broader scope of knowledge, skill and judgment
- Demonstrated ability to plan and provide patient education to support discharge planning
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize patient care assignments within the RPN scope of practice collaboratively with RNs and other members of the inter-professional team
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 231095 to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click "Apply for the Position" at the bottom of this page.