Toronto, ON, Canada
D4 Intensive Care Unit
Hours of Work:
Shifts Weekday Required:
Shifts Weekend Required:
Statutory Holiday(s) Required:
We currently have a Regular Part-time (0.6 FTE) opportunity for a Registered Nurse in the D4 Intensive Care Unit (Level 2 and 3 Critical Care) Department at our Bayview Campus.
Hours of Work:
Weekdays & Weekends: Days, Nights; 12 hrs; As per schedule, Statutory Holidays Required
Summary of Duties
Responsible for the primary care of Level 3 and 2 medical-surgical critical care patients. The RN will work closely with other members of the multidisciplinary team to provide care for patients and their families in a patient focused environment. The RN’s practice will be consistent with the College of Nurses standards, Sunnybrook Nursing Practice standards and the mission and values of Sunnybrook.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Current BCLS certificate;
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing preferred;
- Three years of current Level 2 or 3 critical care experience required;
- Completion of a recognized Critical Care Course;
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education within the past two (2) years with emphasis placed on courses/conferences related to critical care nursing;
- Demonstrated commitment to organizational initiatives, such as completion of the Patient-Focused Care Course and participation in nursing council, unit committees, and quality improvement projects;
- Demonstrated effective ability in: interpersonal relationships; oral and written communication skills; organization skills; priority setting skills; problem solving; decision making; facilitating team work; conflict resolution;
- Demonstrated ability to integrate and apply critical thinking skills to patient care;
- Demonstrated ability to handle stressful environments in a positive manner;
- Demonstrated ability to function independently and as a part of the multidisciplinary team.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 231562 (3 positions) to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click "Apply for Position" at the bottom of this page.