Toronto, ON, Canada
Hours of Work:
Shifts Weekday Required:
Shifts Weekend Required:
Statutory Holiday(s) Required:
We currently have a Temporary Full-Time (until approx. Sept 2024) opportunity for Project Manager - ICAT in the Information Technology – Project Management Office department at Bayview Campus.
Hours of Work: Weekdays: Days, 8hrs, Flexibility required
Summary of Duties
The ICAT Project Manager will be responsible for technical and digital system readiness related to the opening of Sunnybrook’s new Garry Hurvitz Brain Sciences Centre and overseeing the execution in partnership and collaboration with hospital clinical and non-clinical operations to achieve successful transition of ongoing operations. Reporting to the Director IT, this role will support transition of all technical and digital services into the new facility in collaboration with the Hospital’s Technical Services and Client Services teams, and work with a number of different stakeholders including Corporate Planning and Development, Security, Biomedical Engineering, Plant Operations, steering committees, selected vendor(s) and project teams as appropriate to the initiative. The ideal candidate will have a proven success track record of medium to large-scale healthcare information technology (IT) transitions, project management and governance, change management and coordinated execution. This role will report to the Manager of Strategy & Priority Projects at Sunnybrook, and will engage with individuals throughout the organization including the Odette Operations Director and Program Chief, Decision Support, Quality, Finance, and front line staff.
Contribute to safe, quality care by:
- The ICAT Project Manager will embody excellence in customer service, commitment to high quality communications and a strong focus on relationship development with project stakeholders.
- The incumbent will be responsible for the technical and digital project plan including project initiation, planning, design, procurement, commissioning and close-out, project budget control and tracking, and ultimately the execution of the project to successful delivery.
- Managing project expectations appropriately throughout delivery to ensure risks are clearly identified and mitigation strategies are in place to minimize impact.
- Coordinating with contractors on network (wired and wireless) requirements, equipment procurement and installation
- Telephone coordination (e.g. dial plan configuration)
- AV equipment procurement and installation
- Collaborating closely with operational key leaders and staff who are supporting clinical and nonclinical programs, third party vendors and other organizational teams.
- Requirements gathering, workflow development and process mapping for both current and future state to support a successful change, as required.
- Developing business cases as needed.
- Project status reporting on a regular basis as needed.
What must you have?
- Baccalaureate Degree required preferably in a health informatics or health-related discipline.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in a project management capacity, preferably in healthcare informatics.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) designation preferred, or working towards the PMP designation.
What else do you bring?
- Demonstrated success in leading and implementing technology solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate organizational change.
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Creative, analytical and strategic thinker with strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, with strong initiative to achieve high standards of service and performance.
- Superior computer proficiency in MS word, excel and Project and strong technical knowledge.
- Evidence of team approach to negotiation and problem resolution.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Sunnybrook – Excellence, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Engagement.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
This is a 1 year contract with possible extension.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 231697 to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click "Apply for Position" at the bottom of this page.