Summary of Duties
· Repairs water, steam, heating and ventilation systems.
· Repair plumbing devices, install and/or replace piping
· Perform regular preventative maintenance on Plumbing devices, including thorough inspection of washrooms throughout the Hospital as assigned.
· To prepare and layout own material for repair or new installation.
· Carry out other plumbing duties as assigned.
· Minimum Grade 12
· Must posses a current Ontario Certificate of Qualification as Plumber.
· Recent related experience as a plumber required. Plumber experience in a hospital/healthcare setting strongly preferred
· Ability to read mechanical/plumbing blueprints and a basic understanding of electrical principles required.
· Demonstrated superior understanding of current plumbing theory and practices as well as proven proficiency in basic plumbing techniques
· Ability to perform basic welding an asset
· Maintenance experience essential
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in a variety of situations.
· Proven customer service focus
· Demonstrated good ability to trouble shoot, solve problems and work on own initiative.
· Good understanding of Sprinkler installation an asset.