Toronto, ON, Canada
Hours of Work:
Shifts Weekday Required:
Shifts Weekend Required:
Statutory Holiday(s) Required:
We currently have Regular Full Time opportunities for Registered Practical Nurses on the Acute Care Nursing Resource Team at Sunnybrook.
Summary of Duties
The Acute Care Nursing Resource Team (ACNRT) is a new and innovative program at Sunnybrook designed to give the nurse a broad range of skills and knowledge to practice in a number of specialties within set clinical clusters. It is an ideal opportunity for nurses, from the novices looking to jumpstart their careers to the experts seeking to explore other career paths. The ACNRT is an exciting and dynamic environment for nursing staff, offering support through a variety of continuing education, career laddering and professional development opportunities at Sunnybrook.
Reporting to the ACNRT Patient Care Manager, the resource team nurse will undergo an extensive orientation and education period before they assume responsibility for a broad range of nursing services for patients within their clinical cluster.
The resource team nurse will be deployed to unit/s within their clinical cluster in response to changing patient and staffing needs. S/he will be a champion in promoting excellent patient care while also demonstrating exceptional leadership, communication, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills. S/he will participate in professional development and reflective practice as well as quality improvement initiatives in the organization. The resource team nurse will be a part of the inter-professional team providing care that supports the principles of Person-Centered Care and the vision, mission and values of SHSC.
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario with no restrictions to practice as a Registered Practical Nurse
- Current Heart and Stroke Foundation CPR
- RPN diploma preferred
- Acute care nursing experience preferred
- successful completion of the Sunnybrook Advanced Assessment Course for RPN’s at Humber within the last 2 years preferred
- Successful completion of pre-interview knowledge assessment tool.
- Demonstrated commitment to Person-Centred Care
- Demonstrated critical-thinking, decision-making, and problem solving skills in a fast a fast-paced, high turnover environment
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
- Evidence of ongoing commitment to professional practice and support of a quality practice setting environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to safe, high quality, ethical care
- Demonstrated ability to identify when care needs of patient and family have changed and require a broader scope of knowledge, skill and judgment
- Demonstrated ability to plan and provide patient education to support discharge planning
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize patient care assignments within the RPN scope of practice collaboratively with RNs and other members of the inter-professional team
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting SBRPNACNRT23 to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click "Apply for Position" at the bottom of this page.