Toronto, ON, Canada
Ross Tilley Burn Centre
Hours of Work:
Shifts Weekday Required:
Shifts Weekend Required:
Statutory Holiday(s) Required:
We currently have a Regular Full-time opportunity for a Registered Nurse in the Ross Tilley Burn Centre via the Acute Care Nursing Team at our Bayview campus.
Hours of Work: Weekdays: Days, Nights; 12 hrs; As per master schedule
Alternating Weekends: Days, Nights; 12 hrs; As per master schedule
Statutory Holidays required
Summary of Duties
Reporting to the Ross Tilley Burn Centre (RTBC) Patient Care Manager, this nurse will be assigned to RTBC and undergo orientation and training caring for patients requiring ward level burn care. The nurse will be provided additional training in burn nursing and foundational nursing skills preparing them for the critical care certificate program. After completing the critical care certificate, the nurse will then work in all areas of RTBC caring for patients requiring post-operative care and ICU needs as well as on-going burn speciality care.
The main functions of the RN include but are not limited to assessment, intervention, education & patient advocacy of this burn patient population. The RN supports the concepts and principles of Patient-Centred Care and the Mission and Values of Sunnybrook as she/he practices within the Hospital and College of Nurses of Ontario Standards of Nursing Practice. In addition to promoting excellence of care the nurse will actively demonstrate effective communication skills, problem solving, conflict resolution and critical thinking skills.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario in good standing
- Current BCLS
- Acute care and wound care experience is preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a person centered care environment in various clinical settings with a multidisciplinary team managing multiple demands and changing priorities, while being flexibility and adaptable
- Demonstrated commitment to person centred care approaches and principles
- Demonstrated patient assessment and patient management skills
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills with patients, families and coworkers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Demonstrated interest in personal and professional development
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 223941 to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click "Apply for Position" at the bottom of this page.