Toronto, ON, Canada
Hours of Work:
Shifts Weekday Required:
Shifts Weekend Required:
Statutory Holiday(s) Required:
We currently have a Regular Part Time (0.5 FTE) opportunity for a Registered Practical Nurse in the Operating Room at Bayview.
Hours of Work:
Weekdays: Days and Evenings; 8 hrs
Weekend: Days and Evenings; 8 hrs
On-Call Required, Statutory Holidays Required
Summary of Duties
Responsible for primary care of Operating Room patients. The main functions of the RPN include, but are not limited to: assessment, intervention, education and patient advocacy. The RPN supports the Philosophy of Patient-Focused Care concept and principles and the Mission and Values of Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre. The RPN works closely with other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Current Ontario Registration with College of Nurses
- Current B.C.L.S. Certificate
- Completion of post-graduate O.R. certificate
- Current or recent O.R. experience required
- Physical assessment course required
- Working knowledge of Aseptic Technique
- Ability to make decisions and work under stress
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of person centred care approach and principles
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 231601 to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click "Apply for the Position" at the bottom of this page.