Toronto, ON, Canada
Rapid Referral Clinic
Hours of Work:
Shifts Weekday Required:
Shifts Weekend Required:
Statutory Holiday(s) Required:
We currently have a Casual opportunity for a Medical Secretary in the Ambulatory Care, Rapid Referral Clinic department at our Bayview campus.
Hours of Work: Weekdays: Days, 8 hrs, As per schedule
Summary of Duties
The Rapid Referral Clinic is a very fast paced, inter-professional clinic seeing 1000 patients a year or more. Developed to rapidly see patients who have had a recent emergency visit, the clinic is modeled to be patient-focused, inter-professional in nature and collaborative in approach to care. The successful candidate must be able to multitask effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Patient registration
- Reception duties
- Scheduling of patient appointments
- Order entry of tests and follow-up of test results
- Preparation of patient charts and filing as required
- Ordering supplies as needed
- Data entry
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent as recognized by the Province of Ontario Ministry of Education
- Medical Office Assistant certificate/Medical Office Administration diploma or equivalent recent related experience required
- Excellent working knowledge of Sunnycare, diagnostic test ordering, and patient scheduling
- Administrative/Business experience in a health care setting preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with many different departments and patient treatment areas
- Typing at 40 net words per minute or keyboarding at 106 net keystrokes per minute required
- Excellent understanding of medical terminology
- Familiar with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Ability to work independently in a team-environment
- Able to organize and prioritize workload
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 213548 to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click "Apply for Position" at the bottom of this page.