Toronto, ON, Canada
Specialized Geriatric Services
Hours of Work:
Shifts Weekday Required:
Shifts Weekend Required:
Statutory Holiday(s) Required:
Hours of Work: Monday-Friday 8-4pm
Summary of Duties
The Specialized Geriatrics Services within the Integrated Community Program supports care of older adults. The Program Assistant plays a pivotal role in facilitating the seamless referral intake process for patient care, provides administrative support to clinical teams and assists with projects within the department. Strong organizational and communication skills are essential for success in this central role.
Summary of Duties
• Provide advanced program assistance to the department of Specialized Geriatric Services (SGS)
• Responsible for incoming calls to main phone line, email, and faxes; directing inquiries to the appropriate team member.
• Primary point of contact for all referrals coming to the department
• Screens and triages SGS referrals
• Prepares patient charts and referrals packages
• Registers and updates patient information, appointment scheduling, and prepares meeting minutes
• Coordinates service providers for office maintenance, repairs, and other related tasks.
• Coordinates and distributes internal communications, announcements, and updates.
• Liaises with community organizations and serves as a link between the community and clinical team.
• Supports onboarding of new hires, and organizes staff engagement initiatives.
• Prepares timesheets and corrections for payroll
• Collects, analyzes, and prepares reports
• Assists with events and education coordination for department
• Other administrative duties as required
• Completion of Medical Office Administration program.
• Successful completion of an accredited medical terminology course.
• A minimum of two years of related experience, in a health care setting.
• Ability to type 45 - 60 WPM or keyboarding at 106 net strokes per minute.
• Demonstrated excellence in customer service and experience interacting effectively with a wide range of professional staff and displays patient focused care behavior
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, Zoom, Visio, survey tools and familiarity with PHS/PAS, QuadraMed, Sunnycare
• Previous experience with staff scheduling software such as Dimensions preferred.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated experience handling sensitive issues and confidential information
• Superior time management, organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail
• Demonstrated independence and comfort in taking initiative on resolving issues within scope of responsibility
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, demonstrating a proactive and collaborative approach.
• Evidence of good attendance, a satisfactory performance history and a discipline-free record required.
• Enjoys working with the senior patient population